This is the simplest and most basic guacamole dip, delicious and easy to make. You can add more stuff into this guacamole to give it a varied taste every time. Great to be eaten with tortilla or corn chips.
Important thing about guacamole dip is, the avocados must be ripe but not soft and mushy. We prefer the American or Australian ones, as they have a more pronounced taste.. They are plump and nice in color.
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- a packet of tortilla chips – we recommend Food For Friends Duo Tortilla Chips
- Begin by cutting two avocados length-wise rather than making the cut around the width.
- Separate the two pieces. Leave the avocado on the cutting board and give the pit a thwack with a big sharp knife.
- Twist the knife and the pit should pop out.
- Scoop out the flesh with a spoon and put it into a deep serving dish.
- Use a fork to mash it out and you get a better texture than a blender.
- Add lemon juice faster to prevent oxidisation that gives an offensive colour.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- You can add in chopped cilantro to add flavour and taste.
- Serve with your favourite corn chips.
- , onion, jalapenos, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until creamy
- Add mayonnaise and pulse until mixed
- Put in bowl and stir in tomatoes
- Serve with tortilla chips.